November 8, 2008

The Matty Family / Lifestyle Shoot






























One of the popular products with some of our clients has been the Coffee Table Book from a lifestyle portrait session. These are a few images from over 80 produced for the Matty's book last weekend. It was easy work. what with two beautiful young ladies and their adorable little brother Grant. He was more interested in playing as would be expected, but occasionally he tried to mimic his sisters posing and I got lucky. If all clients were as pleasurable to work with as this family it would not be called work. I may post the entire shoot on my website later next week.

6 comments:

  1. Love your take on all of these shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I really had a good time with this shoot. I love doing the lifestyle shoots by just letting them happen as much as possible. You just sort of guide them and make sure you are ready with your camera and your eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shots... I'm always amazed by these.

    I wonder tho, do you use any Photomatix adjust-thingy on some photos, cuz their tones look so amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I do use Photomatix at times, but it was not used on any of these last two shoots. Everything was done in Lightroom or Photoshop for processing purposes. I do not often use Photomatix on my portrait work as I don't usually bracket them; its just too hard to avoid some blur. I have spoken of using Photomatix on single images in this blog though, and it is a tool for gaining shadow detail when it is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I must say that the portrait of Allison with the white vignet is one of my favorites from this shoot. I normally don't like the white vignets, but it seemed appropriate and well placed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, I liked it too; and like you I am not fond of white vignettes, but since this photo was so backlit it seemed appropriate.

    ReplyDelete